Image Map

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mamet Gets Older

I'm passing no judgment on this. But that sound you just heard was a cultural icon admitting he's getting older. It's easy to ride him for it, whatever your politics are. When babyboomers whine, I just can't wait to take potshots. But I admire David Mamet. I admire his self-exploration. And I just love love love the idea that at base, he thinks everything in this world is always wrong. He's wrong (taste the irony there?). But absolutes are wrong. And can't wait to see how this affects his writing.



David Mamet: Why I Am No Longer a 'Brain-Dead Liberal' (Village Voice)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brad -

Mamet's self-exploration piece was enlightening as an honest synthesis of an intellectual's current political ideology. No reason that we all shkuldn
t be doing this two or three times a decade, if not more frequently.

G.J.