Image Map

Friday, October 13, 2006

Thank you

After five weeks, twenty-five cities, thirty events, and one book-signing at a Wal-Mart with a star from Days of Our Lives who was so ridiculously handsome, I almost kissed him...I'm finally home from the book tour. Without a doubt, the single best part was all the love and support I got from you, our family and friends. This wasn't just a book tour -- it was a movement, and at every stop there were people who came up and told me that they heard about the book from this friend, that family member, this cousin, that sister. I can't tell you how much that meant to us.

Even the Days of Our Lives guy was impressed (although he had 200 fawning women in his line, while I had three friends from Illinois in mine. Total. Lesson: don't compete with soap stars). But all easy jokes aside, what happened -- what's still happening with The Book of Fate -- you built this. You did. And you're the one who should be taking a bow.

As I've always said, there's only one name on the cover of a book, but only a fool thinks it's a one-person show. So thank you for being part of that show. Thank you for buying the books and the comics, and for sharing them with so many others. Cori and I are just humbled by your love and support -- there's NO WAY we could do this without you.

Truly hope we get to see you soon. And sending lots of love and thanks your way.

Brad

1 comment:

c said...

Brad,

Just finished Book of Fate. I wanted to say that I enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. Excellent stuff.